03 April 2012

Review: Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Book: Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
Publisher: HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 516
Source: Bought on the Kindle
Links: Goodreads | Amazon


Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.

Guys, breaking news, Courtney is now officially one of my all-time favorite authors. She amazed me with Angelfire but with Wings of the Wicked, she blew me away! It was fantastic in every aspect: the heart-pounding fights, the sizzling romance (Oh good God was it hot), those jaw-dropping twists, and the brilliant cast of characters.



The plot was just so good, up to the point where it's just indescribable. There were some very dark, emotional scenes in this book that you do not see coming. I don't want to spoil anything but in one word, it was heartbreaking. I didn't realize that by the time I finished one of the chapters, tears were pouring out of my eyes. Worry not though, this book wasn't all doom and gloom. It had some light hearted moments which I really enjoyed.

In Wings, I must admit that the romance was probably one of my favorite parts. After reading Angelfire and seeing the sweet, innocent love between Will and Ellie, I was so shocked that the romance in Wings was anything but that! Not that it wasn't sweet and heartfelt, it was just a lot more steamier and appealed more to my...let's say "bad side" of me. ;)

Jokes aside, the relationship between Ellie and Will is just so adorable. It only strengthens and deepens in this novel, and it never ceases to make me squeal with giddiness when Will just does...anything! He's devoted to the girl he loves and is determined to make her happy whenever he can, he's the perfect guy! (Plus, he's oh so very sexy when he tries.)

Warning though, the ending may kill you. With a cliffhanger ending like this, I was ripping my hairs out! I'm still dying to know what's going to happen next, but I guess I'll have to wait till early 2013. :( That's right, you heard me. EARLY 2013. I think Courtney's trying to indirectly kill her fans here.

Heed my advice: If you haven't read Angelfire, you should because it's just that good (in fact, read my review). If you have read Angelfire and thought it was so-so, read Wings and you will be stunned. If you have read Angelfire and thought it was great, then why the heck have you not picked up a copy of Wings?! Buy a copy immediately!

 


0 lovelies:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, guys. I truly appreciate them. :3 ♥

If you guys are using Blogger to comment here, DON'T. I use Disqus commenting, so the comment will NOT show up if you use Blogger to comment.